See what's happening in Selma and Dallas County.
Black Belt Community Foundation announces 2017 Arts Grant Cycle
The BBCF seeks to support organizations like yours who engage citizens in the Black Belt region in the arts. The 2017 Arts Grant Cycle will support projects addressing the arts in these categories: arts education programming, arts exposure programming and arts professional development.
The BBCF will offer funding in two ways:
The BBCF will be hosting six grant seeking workshops for the organizations who are interested in applying for a 2017 Arts Grant. Attendance at one of the workshops is mandatory in order to be considered for a 2017 Arts Grant. The Grant seeking workshops will be held at the following locations:
· University of West Alabama, Livingston, Al. on Saturday, February 11th from 10 am to 12 pm
· BBCF office in Selma on Wednesday, February 15th from 10 am to 12 pm
· BBCF office in Selma on Thursday, February 16th from 6 pm to 8 pm
· Black Belt Treasures, Camden, Al on Friday, February 17th from 10 am to 12 pm
· Tuskegee Human & Civil Rights Multicultural Center, Tuskegee, Al. on
Saturday, February 18th from 2 pm to 4 pm
· BBCF office in Selma on Saturday, February 25th from 10 am to 12 pm
Please contact Jo Taylor at 334-874-1126 or jtaylor@blackbeltfound,org for more information about the workshops and to register for one of them.
The attached grant applications are for you to read, review and plan your grant. Grant applications that are fillable PDF will be available after a representative from your organization has attended one of the grant seeking workshops.
Please remember the following as you begin developing your grant application:
· Larger grants with funding up to $10,000 will cover arts education programming only. This grant category is for organizations who have received funding from BBCF and that have a proven track record of quality arts education programming.
· Attendance at one of the Grant Seeking Workshops is mandatory in order to be considered for a 2017 Arts Grant.
These grants are made possible by the generous support of The Alabama State Council on the Arts
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns and I look forward to meeting all of you at one of the Grant Seeking Workshops.
Program Manager for the Arts
Black Belt Community Foundation
Women’s Heart Health Luncheon
Wednesday, February 15, 2017
with Jody Allyn, CRNP
RSVP by February 13, 2017 to
New Possibilities Youth Center After School Program
Monday through Thursday
Grades 6,7, & 8
3:30 pm-6:00 pm
Sister Kathy, Director 334-872-2359
Patrick Evans: Coordinator
Registration: Monday, August 15, 2016 3-6pm at 1108 Griffin Avenue
Sponsored by the Edmundite Missions